Sunday, December 8, 2013

Nursery Plans

Progress in the baby room is slow-moving! But progress has finally started. It's funny, I had all but given up on the idea that we would be blessed with another child. That room had remained a catch-all for over a year after our move... just in case. Well, I finally decided to spend a weekend and convert it into a fully functional art studio.

Two weeks later, if that, I had a positive pregnancy test. Ha!

So... the process has now begun to convert it from art studio to baby room. And I do have some plans so I hope it all comes together!

 

  • The glider is one we purchased at Babies R Us for Gwen.
  • The crib will be here in three days - babyletto Modo 3 in 1 Crib with Toddler Rail, Two Tone - purchased from Amazon.
  • The dresser is one we have already, from Target I believe.
  • The photo divider is black at the moment but I have intentions to paint it before April.
  • The lamp is from Target.
  • Bedding is Dwell Studio, blossom. I did manage to catch a crib sheet and plain pink bedskirt and stroller blanket on sale.
  • The garland is also Dwell Studio, but sold out. I may have to get crafty with supplies from Hobby Lobby...
  • I used letschipit.com from Sherwin-Williams to create the pallet next to the bedding
    • SW 7006 Extra White
    • SW 6057 Malted Milk
    • SW 7522 Meadowlark
    • SW 6381 Ajou Pear
    • SW 6874 Ardent Coral
  • The other pallet is from Behr.com, to pull in the best complimentary blue
    • 190B-6 Wet Coral
    • 520D-7 Mosaic Tile
    • 200A-3 Blushing Apricot
    • W-B-120 Victorian Pearl
  • Our baby's name is Carmen - I call my daughter Gwen gigi so Carmen will have the nickname cici. I will do this same thing in Gwen's room, but I thought I might buy some letters and paint them the same as the wall color to place by the art. Inspired by Pinterest
  • Not shown that will also be in the room is the changing table, a simple walnut finished, open frame that was used for Gwen, purchased at Babies R Us.
  • I also plan to make the mobile myself using the hardware tutorial found via Pinterest - still searching for subject matter inspiration, ideas welcome!
Will update as it actually begins coming together. I hope to buy paint this week and begin that first critical step - most everything else is on hold until it's painted and ceiling fan is installed. Then I would like to work on creating a closet organization system because we are limiting ourselves to one dresser and the changing table.



No comments:

Post a Comment