Saturday, December 7, 2013

'Tis the Season

No joke, our baby girl is due on April 1, 2014 - April Fools Day! As I type, she hiccups inside my belly. Once past the sick stage, I must say that being pregnant is absolutely wonderful. Knowing that she is growing and wiggling in there, that I get to bring her with me everywhere I go, what is better? I love to sit back and just feel her move and kick. It's so exciting to plan for April, but I must admit, it's a bit scary as well.

Gwen is 3 so it's been a long time since we had a tiny new baby in the house. Will it all come back to me? Or will I be the nervous wreck I was with her all over again? Will I be able to nurse this time? Oh, I so very hope so! Will labor go as smoothly and quickly as it did with Gwen? Yes, please!

Big sister is quite excited. She talks about how her heart starts going fast and I ask her why, she says it's because she's so excited to be a big sister. She talks about what she will teach her, the seating arrangements at the table and in the car. Her prayers at night most frequently begin with, "Thank you for the baby growing in my mommy's tummy." We are so very blessed.

For the time being, though, we're soaking in all the Gwen-as-the-only-child time we have left. We're prepping for Christmas, singing carols and baking, arts and crafts, and anticipating seeing her eyes light up on Christmas morning. Oh what fun.

This is Gigi's 4th Christmas:


No comments:

Post a Comment